Fire emanating from a kerosene stove has gutted an apartment of the Obafemi Awolowo Hall, a female hostel accommodation facility in the University of Ibadan.

A 500-level student of the university was said to be cooking and forgetfully abandoned her stuff on the kerosene stove orchestrating the fire.

The Director of Public Communications, Mr Olatunji Oladejo confirmed the incident.

Oladejo said, “Yes, it is true. The fire incident emanated from the kerosene stove being used for cooking by a 500-level student of the university. The incident affected one room of the Obafemi Awolowo Hall.

“The student also got injured but has been taken to the university clinic – Jaja, for treatment. Her parents have come around and the incident was limited to a room of the hall.”

It would be recalled that the Obafemi Awolowo Hall of University was invaded by some armed robbers on July 11, when some occupants were disposed of their belongings including mobile phones by some yet-to-be-identified.

Source: NAN